We hope that you do not need us next year, but we are here for you every day until 10:30pm if you do. Have the happiest and healthiest of holidays!
Monday, December 12, 2016
Friday, July 15, 2016
STAY COOL - Keep your body temperature cool to avoid heat-related illness.
- Stay in air-conditioned buildings as much as possible.
- Find an air-conditioned shelter.
- Do not rely on a fan as your primary cooling device.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Take cool showers or baths.
- Check on those most at-risk twice a day.
STAY HYDRATED - Because your body loses fluids through sweat, you can become dehydrated during times of extreme heat.
- Drink more water than usual.
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink more fluids.
- Drink from two to four cups of water every hour while working or exercising outside.
- Avoid alcohol or liquids containing high amounts of sugar.
- Remind others to drink enough water.
STAY INFORMED - Stay updated on local weather forecasts so you can plan activities safely when it’s hot outside.
- Check local news for extreme heat alerts and safety tips.
- Learn the symptoms of heat illness.
Urgent Care at Peachtree's own, Dr. Clinton Carter recently appeared on Channel 46 News to explain the dangers of heat exhaustion and how to prevent it. You can watch the report HERE.
Thursday, April 7, 2016
This is a simplified fee structure with one price covering everything. Regardless of how many different things we have to do to treat you, we won’t increase your cost. This doesn’t include major outside tests or lab work, but it does include everything that we provide at our urgent care. This is especially beneficial for people who have high health insurance deductibles.